Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wow. A week.



I ran out of yarn. The shawl is finished. I didn't put a border on it, just got it wet and stretched it out on the wall. The dollar bill is there for scale. It isn't as big as it looks. It's gonna be for a kid, I'm sure.

I've been knitting more preemie socks. I need to start a new pair of socks, maybe using a mystery pattern I got, or a cabled one I found, but all I have are striped sock yarn, and cables don't look so well in striped yarn. Meh. I'll think of something.

I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks. Four skeins of peruvian wool, two in purple and two in black. I'm going to make some mittens from the Selbuvotter book. They will be awesome. I got the money by participating in an experiment for a Psych major. I had to pick someone out of a lineup from a pic that didn't look like a face, so whatever. I got ten dollars out of it. Yay!

I messed up my lace scarf pattern. I have to tink back two rows. Dang. I gotta stop knitting it while I watch tv. It requires more attention than that, and I'm so close to the end I can taste it! What a beautiful scarf it will be too. It will instantly transform me into a 5'10", clear skin, gorgeous, witty, popular genius. I just know it.

Or maybe it'll just make me feel like that. Either way.

No comments: