Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Crochet?!?!

Yeah, you heard right...I crocheted! I've found that I really appreciate crocheting doilies in tiny crochet yarn with tiny needles. I finish a small one in about an hour, and it gives me a little variety from knitting (not that I really need that). Plus, it's a great excuse for more yarn...


Anyway, here's a pic of the doily I made last week. It's about the size of a small plate.

So anyway, that's about all there is to see here today. I'm making another pair of Monkey socks, but this time with double rib cuffs and on size 1 needles. Since the yarn is so different, though, they're a little bit tight; the cuff is a little hard to fit over my heel. But once they're on, they're very comfortable. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

I'm also working on the second sleeve to my sweater, and on my lace scarf. I estimate that I only need about 15 more repeats of the lace pattern before the scarf is through. I might wait to block it until I have a spray bottle, since I don't really want to immerse the scarf in water, and it will be really long. I think I'll pin it on the wall here to block it, since the only other thing long enough would be the carpet, and I don't think it'll pin on that anyway.

I've been knitting instead of studying Spanish. I just hate it so much. Spanish, not knitting. We loves the knitting...

No comments: