Friday, June 8, 2007

Something's Gotta Change...And It Ain't Gonna Be Me

Remember this?
Well, insert Psycho music here:


These are undoctored photos of the horror that has become Clessidra. Where once I loved freely, I have now found my love scorned by The Puffy Heel From Hell. It's too long, too wide, and far, far too puffy.
Even more discouraging, I have been scouring the blogs for months (hehe Freudian Slip, I typed moths) for someone else that has had a problem with the heel of this sock, and I can't find anyone. My feet are apparently very odd, with the smallest heels known to man. I know this isn't true, because I tried to knit the Jaywalkers pattern and the darn thing wouldn't even fit over my heel. So I ask you, blog world, WTF?
Since it can't be a problem in the pattern or someone would
have noticed, I see three choices here:
  1. My feet are, as previously stated, shaped oddly.
  2. I misread the pattern and did something odd to it.
  3. The way I knit is odd, like the tension or something,
    and it made the heel puffy and ill-fitting.

And I have three choices on what to do now:

  1. Keep knitting and hope that it will all turn out alright.
  2. Rip the heel out and change the pattern to something that fits better.
  3. Throw it back in the closet and ignore it for three more
    months until I decide to salvage the yarn for another sock pattern.

    So, what do you think? I'm throwing it back in the closet until I decide what to do.
(PS, the color is actually way more accurate on the Psycho pics than in the artistic pic.)

No comments: