Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hello, My name is Sarelro, and I am a lemming.

Ok, so on all my favorite knitblogs, I've seen this website popping up: Ravelry. I, like the stoic individual I am, after reading about it, was mildly interested, but upon hearing that you had to be invited in, decided it wasn't for me. This was the reason I wasn't a cheerleader, or in a sorority. Who were these people to tell me I couldn't do something?

Friday I found a site that said Ravelry had a preview page, with screen shots to show what it would look like. Still mildly interesting in the raving of the blogs about it, I decided to look. I shouldn't have.
http://www.ravelry.com/tour/peek

This is about the coolest thing ever. They weren't keeping people out because of a knitting popularity contest; they were still building the site, and it was for yahoobeta, and it couldn't handle a lot of people in it right now. This makes sense, and I knew that yahoobeta was coming, so it was a rational reason. I looked at the screenshots, and I was lost. It is really neat. There are going to be sooo many people in this eventually, and since we're knitters, we'll all be friendly.

It has pages for stash, pages for WIPs, UFOs, and even pages for things you don't want, so you can trade with others if you want. There are pages of finished projects, patterns in every different type of yarn you can think of, so you can see what your yarn looks like in different projects, or what patterns look good with what yarn. This is just brilliant.

I put myself on the waiting list. I can't wait for this to be out. Really, just brilliant.

No comments: