Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Come On, Knit Happy!

This title brought to you by the Brady Bunch.
This, people of the world, is a Fair Isle Swatch.
It was for practice.

These are the Floats that are on the inside of the Swatch. Nice, no?
I've been using the idea that mor more than 2 stitches, you should twist the yarn.

These are the gloves that I decided to make. Selbuvotter #12. What really sold me was the author said the fingers were a little long for a woman, and I have rather long fingers (Mom used to says they're pianist fingers).

I've gotten this far in about 2 days. This is the back of the hand.
Oh, and also the purple isn't quite that bright.

This is the glove on my hand. I'm afraid it's turning out to be a little tight.

See, the pattern called for fingering weight yarn, and size 2 needles. I'm using those, and usually I knit too loose, so I wasn't worried about them being too small, but apparently when I Fair Isle I knit a little tighter, so the're pretty tight on my hand. Not uncomfortable, at least not yet, but not loose either. I should probably check my guage, but I don't want to know that I've messed them up, cause then I'd have to rip the whole thing out, and I like it. Plus, the next size needle I have is a four, and I think that'd be too big. So I'm going to make it, and if it doesn't fit, I'll find out after it's finished, and give it to someone then. Maybe H., she has tiny hands.

I'm also praying that it'll loosen up a little in the blocking. That'll work, right?

No comments: