Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Clessidra One: Finally Done!

Here it is, Clessidra, finished. Just the one, of course. Casting on the second eventually, but I want to get a handle on the other things I have on the needles right now.
Here's a closeup of the foot, which took so very long. See how the heel fits now?
Here's the yarn I started with:
And here's the yarn I had left over.
What's ironic is I bought an extra skein after the fact, because the pattern said I had about 50-100 yards too few. So I went on Ebay and bought a whole extra skein, which I didn't even need. I threw a huge fit when I thought I didn't have enough yarn, too. That'll teach me to count my eggs before my chickens lay them, or something.
Eventually, I want to swatch for a Fair Isle mitten. I'm going to use the extra yarn I have from projects to practice the Fair Isle, so the actual mittens won't look too horrible. I'll probably make a pair of wristwarmers, maybe 2 inches long. If they aren't too bad, I'll end up giving them to someone, probably Julie. But, of course, this is in the future. Till then, I'm going to work on Amanda's sock and the cabled baby sweater.
A bientôt!

No comments: