Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rather Cross


I'd rather knit on my new sock than do anything, including the essay that's due on Thursday. What new sock, you ask? Well. Here's the pair I made for my grandma, which I horrible messed up on. The second sock turned out a size smaller than the first one; I can barely get it on my smaller foot. Yes, I have two different sized feet: the left is a 9 1/2 and the right is a 10. Can you tell?


I went to Hobby Lobby and got some fingerweight yarn to make socks. It is Beautiful. Here are pics: The yellow is a tad more pastel, the blues (I got two) more of a grey blue, the others, incredibly, are almost true to color. I've already started knitting one of the light blues; I'm making Clessidra from the new edition of www.knitty.com (go to patterns, last on the list). I love it. I've knit four inches of it in two days. I've got the pattern pretty much memorized. I was using a toothpick for a cable needle, but when I went to class today I forgot it, so I started using a kilt pin I had on my bag. (Don't ask.) I like the kilt pin better, even though it is really sharp. The yarn is Red Heart Luster Sheen in Spa Blue, 100% acrylic, but it feels a little like cotton but with more give. The yellow yarn is the same brand, color Buttercup, as is the purple, pink, and yellow pastel multicolored, color Serenity. I know. They're going to by my Serenity socks and I will make them when I watch Serenity and wear them when I watch Serenity.



(If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/ and then watch the movie. Seriously. Best ever.)



The other two yarns are Lion Brand Magic Stripes, 75% superwash wool and
25% nylon. Don't know the names of them, though.



I'll post pics of the sock in the next post, since I have so many in this post.

No comments: