Thursday, November 1, 2007

8:45 am. The only free time I have.

I've been so freaking busy! I have a play opening today, so the rehearsals have been running till midnight, and I still have tons of hoemwork, including drawing projects in costuming, a report due over a director, essays in theatre history, essays in an education class, and hours in the costume shop and lighting hours, and hours spent helping and observing teachers in high school. Ick. I hate hate hate being this busy. I need time to stop and think, and I don't have it.

I also don't have time to knit. I knit in class when I have the chance, and that's the only time I have, because I use green-room to do my homework, and there's not much free time there either. I have been knitting the never-ending scarf of doom for days, and it's not even a foot long yet, but that's because the needles are 8s. If they were 13s it'd be done, but I don't think they make size 13 dpns. I could make my own I suppose, but who has the time?

Anyway, back to the never-ending scarf of doom. It's got three sides, like a T, instead of two sides, like a I. It's really really cool and I feel really smart and clever when I knit on it. Unfortunately, it's that dang funfur crap and the ball NEVER GETS ANY SMALLER. I will be trying to get rid of this stuff for all eternity. Ugh. I tried making a shawl out of it, but it tangles so badly, and I never had the right number of stitches at the end of the row, always too many or too few. So I tried to frog that, but it broke as I was trying to rip it out. Whatever. Anyway, cast on this scarf, and each "leg" has ten stitches, so it's easy to keep count. So it'll be done eventually. I'm going to switch gears and try to finish a sock, because I have two pairs that are on the needles, and I want to finish them. Then I'll cast on my second Clessidra, because I'm yearning for some cabledy action.

No comments: