Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Little Knitting


Three more pairs of baby sox! And one on the way, making that seven and 1/4 pairs in all. They're so wonderful to knit, fast and simple.
I was in the costume shop one day knitting my socks and the lady in charge there saw me and asked if I'd be interested in knitting preemie socks for charity. I said, "Sure," because I've considered it before and just couldn't afford the postage and good yarn, me being a college student and all. So I got the yarn a couple weeks ago, and she gave me a pattern for booties too. I tried the pattern but it confused me horribly; I don't think anyone could have followed it, so I surfed and found a pattern for baby socks. I made two pairs of those, one in the larger first, then one in the smaller, brought them to the lady, and she said the smaller ones were the right size, so I've made five more pairs since then.
I'm gonna make as many tonight as I can. I hope to get at least two more pairs tonight, counting the one I started earlier.

No comments: