Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bad Cables! Bad!

So I started the Ariel Hat the other day, and the cabling is killing me. Check it out:
Having trouble? Lemmee help:
There are more mistakes too. I'm debating whether or not to rip it out and start over, but I don't think I will. I'm not that much of a perfectionist, I need this hat ASAP, so speed takes precedence over beauty, and, personally, I don't think anyone of consequence (other knitters) will be getting close enough to it to notice.
So I push on, vainly trying to ignore the sporadic nature of my cables, and just try to finish the darn thing.
I've also been working on Clessidra again, but I'm at the point at the beginning of the cables, and I don't want to do this without 1) my new row counter and 2) ridding myself of the stigma of the irregularly cabled hat. Wish me luck!

No comments: