Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Flourish of Trumpets is Needed to Announce this Latest Knitting News

These are baby mittens. I call them mitts since they don't have thumbs. But babies don't need thumbs, because their thumbs are all squiggly and bendy. I'm going to make a few different sizes of this pattern, so they'll have mitts no matter what size they need.
The pattern is insanely easy and quick. Cast on 28 stitches, rib (I used double) until the cuff is as long as you want, st st for 24 rows, then decrease to 7 stitches and cast it off. Easy as pie.
I turned the cabled sweater into a cabled vest. I like it very much, and the sleeves aren't really so lopsided. The only problem is, I made the 0-3 mo. size, and it'll pretty much fit a 6-9 mo. old, if not bigger. But whatever, it's cute anyway.


This is Fireside lace, like the blue from about a month ago. Size 0 needles, crochet thread. I'm going to use all the crochet thread in this endeavor. See, Mom originally wanted a doily, but I couldn't find an easy-to-follow pattern. So I started this instead. I'll make a doily out of another color. Maybe I'll knit a doily instead. That'd show her.

Closeup of the laciness. It'll be even lacier after it's blocked.

That's all the pictures for now. I'm still making baby stuff, and I'm gonna keep on till either there's a baby or I run out of baby yarn. Probably the former, 'cause I have a lot of yarn.

No comments: