Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Makin' Stuff

I love knitting. I love its meditative qualities, having something to do whenever I have some free time, no matter where I am, and I love the feeling I get when I finish something. No, I haven't finished anything yet, but I sure do love that feeling. Well, I suppose I have finished more baby sox, but I don't think they count. Ok, they totally do.
But whatever. I'm making a hat for a girl in my dorm. She bought the yarn for it; a green-blue-yellow variegated, but alas! it is Red Heart. And some of the worst Red Heart I have ever seen. I didn't want to say anything to her, give her ideas and whatnot, but I wouldn't put this stuff next to my forehead for anything. Ok, maybe for money. Or yarn. But whatever, not if I had a choice. Anyway, she wants a hat with Kitty Ears. Ok. I'll do that. She paid me.

I knit some on my lace scarf for the first time in a couple months. Here's how long it is. I think I'll have it finished by next fall, when it'll be cool enough to wear it. Since it's wool, I think it'll be warm enough to wear all winter, even though it's lace. I love the pattern, although it's just varied enough that I can't memorize it, so I can't watch tv or read while I'm knitting it.

Oh well, I can still listen to music, and I can't knit on it until the hat is finished anyway. I'm trying to finish it before Friday so I can give it to her before I leave. I told her I'd mail it to her in June, because I didn't want to get her hopes up, but so far it's proving to be a fairly quick knit. I need to go now and knit. I'm watching the second half of Streetcar Named Desire, since I missed the first half, but it's pretty cool. And there's nothing else on anyway.

No comments: